Hyper growth late stage pre-IPO Unicorn technology company is currently seeking a SEC Reporting Manager for their corporate accounting team. This role will support the VP of Finance and handle all external reporting functions as well as work with the team on technical accounting matters and special projects for the VP. Great growth opportunity as the company scales quickly. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of experience either out of the Big 4 or with a mix of public accounting & industry experience in financial reporting.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
SEC Reporting Manager
The Reporting Manager oversees all facets of Company's quarterly and annual external reporting. This highly visible leadership role manages the filing calendar, consolidates all required inputs, prepares documents, and coordinates the review process to facilitate prompt, correct, and complete reporting. Additionally, this role serves as a primary technical resource for Accounting, providing research and guidance on matters related to GAAP compliance and changes in Accounting Standards. Finally, this position will help oversee the Company's internal control management self-assessment process, including the design, execution, and evaluation of the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly reports, annual reports, as well as periodic filings including coordinating with legal, tax, and treasury
- Develop, maintain, and manage company-wide filing calendar to facilitate accurate completion and sufficient review of all external filings within required timeframes
- Prepare quarterly earnings reports
- Manage and correctly report all equity based transactions and equity compensation
- Provide guidance on and challenge the appropriateness of disclosures
- Complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires
- Coordinate communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to
ensure support for company position on accounting disclosures and other issues
- Monitor the peer group filings to identify industry trends
- Direct technical accounting activities including a) research and interpret accounting pronouncements, b) identify the impact on the company's accounting policies and financial statements, c) manage the self-assessment process and d) develop training materials and conduct sessions to train the financial and
non-financial personnel. Position papers are written for both complex accounting and to provide interpretation of accounting issues
- Monitor and research the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules under US GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulations
- Manage the Company's internal controls over financial reporting
compliance program including a) continuous evaluation of the Company's risk assessment and corresponding internal controls matrix, b) develop training materials and conduct sessions to train financial and non-financial personnel, c) oversee the self-assessment process and d) manage the remediation of identified internal control deficiencies
- Assist in gathering necessary support for equity or debt offerings
- Participate in and/or lead special projects as assigned including purchase accounting for acquisitions, discontinued operations accounting for divestitures, and complex joint venture accounting.
qualifications: Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- BS Degree required
- CPA Designation Required, Active License Preferred
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience
- 3+ years of reporting experience
- Public Accounting experience required
- Very high attention to detail; organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Stellar work ethic.
skills: SEC Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.