Our client is a fast growing PE owned distribution based in the South Jersey area, the company is seeking a talented; achievement focused Controller to join their growing team or a Assistant Controller ready to take the next step. This position will be reporting to the CFO.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. S/he will have a technical accounting expertise and the ability to help/assist and manage the financial operations of the company. Initially leading a staff of 1, the Controller will ensure timely production and accuracy of all financial reporting, oversee accounting operation, and drive business process improvements to strengthen policies and internal controls.
location: Voorhees, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual close process, including account reconciliations as well as booking and reviewing journal entries.
- Assist in preparation of financial statements under US GAAP and management reporting.
- Manage audit relationships and audit engagements to include annual tax planning, preparation and filing.
- Improve accounting and financial policies, procedures, internal controls, and documentation.
- Streamline accounting processes using technology.
- Other duties include assisting with financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting
- Contribute to the preparation of critical financial information including KPI's, budgets and forecasts and ensure trends are monitored over time and reported to the CFO.
- Assisting with M&A and Due-Diligence.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is preferable. MBA, CPA is preferred but not a requirement
- Minimum of 6+ years' experience in a combination of Public/Private or straight out of Private or Public. Open to see different industry backgrounds.
- Strong analytical experience and problem solving capabilities is a must
- Demonstrates technical competence and effectively delivers support in area of expertise.
- Communicates, written and orally clearly and concisely. Effectively listens to requests.
- Works effectively with others and independently. Demonstrates initiative and ownership.
- Resolves problems quickly and effectively.
If you are interested in working for a fast growing organization and with a talented passionate team. Please send your resume in word document to: Cecilia.email@example.com
Cecilia Bjurstrom l Sr. Executive Recruiter Randstad Professionals Finance & Accounting | Human Resources E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Direct: 610-382-9742
skills: $50-100 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.