High growth pre-IPO FinTech company in San Francisco is currently seeking an Accounting Manager for their team. This position will support the Corporate Controller and leadership team with running a variety of corporate accounting areas as well as be a key component is supporting technical accounting functions such as rev rec, lease accounting, equity, etc. Qualified candidates will have their CPA or be working towards it and have a mix of public accounting and industry experience OR strong FinTech background in industry.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Lead the monthly and quarterly reporting for the regulatory boards.
- Manage the timely filing of all reporting including local, state and federal taxation forms.
- Assist with the preparation of the journal entries at month end which includes providing proper support.
- Oversee the month end close process including ensuring all journal entries are posted timely and with proper support.
- Ensure all cash accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and fluctuation explanations are completed.
- Drive the preparation of the monthly Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash flow reports in accordance with GAAP for all entities.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly consolidation file including elimination entries.
- Lead process improvements and other improvement initiatives in the Accounting department, driving successful outcomes and updating key stakeholders.
- Assist with resolving accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assist with the G/L implementation.
- Lead a team of accountants, and leads hiring efforts, goal setting, performance management and ensures optimal engagement of the team.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Servicing and Capital Markets in order to ensure that the Accounting Department has the proper documents and support for month end close.
- Assist with other tasks, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
- At least 2 years plus of previous accounting manager level experience.
- Previous accounting experience in FinTech or financial services highly preferred.
- Quick learner, enjoy change, takes initiative, self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Driven and passionate about automating processes.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
skills: General Ledger, Technical Accounting & Research
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.