Global consumer technology company in San Francisco is currently seeking an Accounting Manager to oversee their corporate accounting operations including all their general ledger, fixed assets, reconciliations, intercompany transactions, reporting, audit support and process improvement projects. This is for a well known consumer technology company with strong reputation and exposure with good growth potential in the mid-term for the company. Qualified candidates will have 7+ years of experience including 2+ years of leadership experience. Strong corporate accounting/GL/financial reporting experience required.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Manage day-to-day general accounting operations, partnering with the Assistant Controller, responsible for general ledger, fixed assets, account reconciliations, and financial statements.
- Manage month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process. Ensure reported numbers are prepared on time and are presented accurately.
- Deliver financial reporting and analysis. Understand and interpret financial data within greater context of the business. Responsible for P&L variance analysis and balance sheet review.
- Assist in implementing systems, processes, and software that automate internal accounting processes and improve efficiency.
- Support the financial audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit and coordination with the external and internal audit teams.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy.
- Plan, develop and implement effective accounting strategies, policies and procedures in accordance with evolving regulations, legal and governmental requirements and industry trends which may impact the company.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Support finance management and other internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
- Lead, manage and develop team of professionals. Advocate for an environment of continued professional development and teamwork.
- BA/ BS in Business Administration or Accounting Required. CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years of related experience, including people management experience. Accounting and financial reporting experience required. Big 4 public accounting experience a plus
- Outstanding technical accounting (IFRS a plus), research and reporting skills
- Strong quantitative analysis capabilities, with the ability to read, analyze, interpret and explain complex financial data
- Strong and broad understanding of business processes and all areas of accounting
- Demonstrated organizational skills and excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and result oriented
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.