Successful larger mid-size retail / consumer products company in the East Bay is currently seeking an Inventory Accountant that can help with accounting for their inventory. Position will manage operating expenses and inventory transactions and perform month-end close, reconciliations, and assist with the audit. Qualified candidates will have 2-5 years of inventory accounting experience. Please apply for more information.
location: Emeryville, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
The Inventory Accountant role will be responsible for supporting initiatives to manage operating expenses and inventory transactions, primarily for the Direct Store Distribution (DSD) Sales in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) channel.
- Monitor and reconcile inventory in 600+ warehouse locations.
- Investigate inventory variances and report on main drivers and proposals for resolution.
- Review inventory write-offs and communicate unusual or excessive write-offs to management.
- Implement field inventory certification program and ensure compliance.
- Produce weekly DSD Operations scorecard for District Managers, monitoring key operations metrics.
- Partner with Sr Manager and CPG Finance to provide insight into cost of goods and inventory activity including monthly ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Provide analysis of other DSD operations expenses, identifying opportunities for cost savings.
- Prepare journal entries for various inventory related activities during month-end close.
- Participate as key member of cross functional team that identifies technical problems or efficiency opportunities and pursue solutions, including tracking resolution progress and implementing prevention procedures as needed.
- Work closely with project teams to ensure accuracy of system implementation, integrations and upgrades as it impacts DSD inventory.
- Assist with annual audit.
- 2-5+ years' experience in finance/accounting roles.
- Able to navigate multiple systems to access information.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables.
- Strong analytical and organization skills.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines for month-end close
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.