A leading global investment management firm seeks a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager
(depends on experience) to join their Orange County team!
This Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager will manage the daily accounting department activities to ensure that financial and operating reports are timely and accurately reflect the condition of our global operating companies.
This position will also serve as the liaison between our team of domestic and foreign Controllers
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Ensure financial reports including sub-schedules are accurate, well written, timely, and consistent with GAAP.
- Review monthly financial statements for the multiple domestic and foreign operating companies
- Supervise and review the monthly closing process
- Develop effective financial and management reports presenting operating results
- Monitor daily cash balances and effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues. Assist in overseeing global budgeting and consolidated financial reporting for offices in North America, Europe, and Asia
- Review foreign office fundings
- Review and approve corporate invoices
- Understand and review transactions with affiliates such as fee income, cost reimbursements and deal costs allocations
- Manage financial audits
- Identify problem areas and assist in finding and implementing solutions
- Analyze and report variances to operating budgets and prior period
- Provide supervision, training and development of staff
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 6 years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry experience (Big 4 preferred)
- A solid understanding of accounting, finance, and operations within a global corporate accounting environment
- Foreign currency and International experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills including financial accounting systems (Yardi) and Microsoft Office Suite
skills: General Ledger, Asset Management, Foreign Currency, Cash Forecasting, Cash Forecasting/Cash Flow
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.