My client, a large financial services company, is currently seeking a Trade Investment Analyst
that's responsible for post trade execution to insure all trades that were executed in the market place are confirmed, instructed and settled. Work closely with trading, brokers and custodian banks. This is a 3 to 6 month engagement with potential for extension out to 18 months.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Works with brokers to confirm fixed income trade details on the phone and electronically (e.g., security price, settlement date, settlement details, etc.)
- Processes fixed income trades into the Client's accounting systems and sends settlement instructions to custodian banks
- Makes adjustments to trade financials based on internal processing requirements as needed (e.g., index linked bonds and accrued interest)
- Processes currency decisions for trades set in a currency other than the operating currency
- Manages the To-Be-Announced (TBA) mortgage securities allocation process
- Participates in team or departmental projects and process improvement initiatives
- Works collaboratively with team members in the London and Los Angeles offices to analyze and coordinate the research and resolution of any issues with investment group and operations professionals
- Interacts with associates within various investment, legal, and marketing groups
- May serve as a resource for and provide training/exposure to members of the department and other groups or work on cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates within and outside of the organization; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates sound judgment when resolving matters of moderate complexity; demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively prioritize and manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate and develop/maintain working relationships inside and outside the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative and self-motivation to work/learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Requires strong computer skills and an aptitude for working with any required systems (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, CTM, Trading platforms like Trade Web, Market Access etc. Bloomberg, SWIFT messaging, etc.)
- Requires fluency in Microsoft Excel and word; working knowledge of Excel macros, v-lookups, and pivot tables is preferred
- General knowledge of securities and the investment industry is required; knowledge of fixed income and derivative products is preferred
- Requires at least 2 years of experience in financial services (ideally in compliance or operations)
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related degree preferred
- Fixed Income products knowledge helpful
Click to Apply
skills: Trade Settlement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.