Currently hiring for a Director of Accounting and Finance in the Bay Area. The company is stable, consistent, and growing. This would be a hybrid role with a heavier emphasis in accounting operations and will be managing a team of 5 staff. They are looking for someone well versed in both operational accounting and corporate FP&A, that possesses strong leadership skills with ability to mentor and delegate effectively but also willing to be hands on.
For immediate consideration, please apply directly to posting and a recruiter will reach out to qualified candidates.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Full charge and system administrator of NetSuite
- Update and maintain all transactional forms ERP
- Add and remove NetSuite users as needed
- Create/configure system based on User Roles and Train new users as needed
- Provide Support to all SBM Employees regarding NetSuite issues
- Oversees all aspect of the Accounting Department and its functions on a daily basis
- Manages the A/R and A/P personnel and helps set priorities to meet corporate objectives
- Reviews A/R Invoicing and Deposits as they are generated and posted in NetSuite
- Oversee all aspects of billing and completing backup paperwork for Contract Services
- Meets with the heads of Sales and Operations on a weekly basis to review modifications
- Submits a list of balances of all bank accounts, current receivables and payables to upper management on a month basis
- Reconciles the General Ledger Income and Expenses making sure everything is properly post to the correct account
- Review all Bank reconciliation to the General Ledger
- Daily monitor cash-flow for inbound deposits (checks & EFT)
- Make monthly Sales Tax Pre-payment to the Board of Equalization
- Review all Job Costing Reports for Senior Management before publishing
- Publish Monthly Financials password protect and forward to Bank and CPA
- Clarifies any questions from Management on Job Cost or Financial reports.
- Works with CPA in the preparation of the Annual Audited Financial Reports
- Monitor/Enter all approved Union increases to the recurring Service and Work Order invoices in NetSuite for printing on the effective date of the increase
- Audit and review Oracle Budgets with Accounting Manager to make sure each line item is correct and matches the figures approved by Oracle's team.
- Review all Contract Sales Commission prior to processing
- Track all Cost-Plus Credits/Track all Business Licenses are updated
NetSuite at the Administrator level, experience in other ERP systems such as Oracle and SAP
Master's Degree in Finance/Accounting
Advance Excel Skills
8+ years experience in management
Strong decision-making skills while working Independently
Hands on motivation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.