job summary: SUMMARY
Our client is seeking an experienced Accountant to join our Finance Department/Team as the Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager works to support the Enterprise Controller to ensure the delivery of timely and accurate recording of the company's subsidiaries transactions and financial statements in accordance with GAAP. This Santa Rosa (Sonoma County) supervisory role reports to the Enterprise Controller.
location: Santa Rosa, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist the controller in the direction of the accounting functions of the organization.
- Monthly and yearly closing of the assigned entities
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Prevent inaccuracies in financial statements by monitoring internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
- Monitor and develop system controls for ensuring data integrity
- Review financial data to ensure fairness and completeness of the date
- Assist with bi-weekly revenue and cash forecasting
- Manage operational data and maintain data accuracy and integrity.
- GAAP and income tax research as needed.
- Assist in annual and interim audit.
- Prepare income tax estimates and filings.
- Supervise 1 Staff - Bookkeeper
- Other projects as needed.
qualifications: WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
WHAT YOU'LL USE
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience required. A combination of public and private with fortune 500 experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- CPA preferred
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Team player, intensely committed to success and getting the job done well in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement, organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Highly attentive to details.
- Experience with Great Plains, Management Reporter and/or Profit Power a PLUS!
- Profit Power
- Great Plains
- BNA Fixed Assets
For Immediate consideration, contact Michael Ahmadi at Michael.Ahmadi@randstadusa.com
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.