Are you an accountant looking for a transition into finance? Are you looking to grow your career with a solid start-up company? Do you have 2-3 years of public accounting, AP, AR, inventory, payroll, accruals, budgeting and forecasting experience? Then, this position is for you! For the first 6 months, the incumbent will assist with core accounting functions, ensure compliance with GAAP, ensure documentation is complete and prepare cash flow statements and projection analyses. The role will then transition to a Finance focus with planning, budgeting, forecasting, performance management, and key business initiatives.
location: Burlingame, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Under direction of the Senior Accounting Manager, assist the with core accounting functions (incl. month-end close, reconciliations, billing/Accounts Receivable, procurement/Accounts Payable, Inventory, payroll, debt/equity, expenses, and Revenue/COGs and Opex/accruals Management)
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, various regulations, and corporate policies.
- Identify and address any control or efficiency deficiencies and development/implement best practices
- Be expert user of and understand process flows for input into the ERP implementation
- Ensure process documentation is complete and updated
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: Generate un-audited financial statements or prepare and present such as required.
- Generate and prepare cash flow statements and projection analyses on quarterly basis, or as requested.
- Assist on any ad hoc internal reporting
- Participate in planning, budgeting, forecasting for company's operating teams.
- Performance Management: Provide accurate, timely, and actionable financial reporting and key business metrics to operating teams, gain key insights into spend trends with meaningful and actionable analyses.
- Build thoughtful analyses to drive better investment decisions and optimal resource allocation.
- Short- and medium- term cash flow and debt management & reporting
- Participate in and support any key business initiatives and ad-hoc projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline required, CPA or CMA preferred
- 2 to 3+ years accounting - preferred with, cost accounting in manufacturing or similar environment.
- Quantitative & Analytical: You have exceptional analytical abilities as shown through your work experience and academic accomplishments.
- Public accounting and/or industry experience is preferred
- Experience working in a fully-integrated MRP/ERP/GL system - knowledge of Expandable or Microsoft Dynamics GP is desired
- Experience implementing, improving, documenting and streamlining processes/policies strongly preferred.
- Ability to think creatively about the optimal design of financial processes and implement change where appropriate.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook)
- Thrive in a challenging and high-performance, entrepreneurial environment
- Have a demonstrated interest in being part of an entrepreneurial culture and are highly effective in working with limited supervision
- Are effective and comfortable working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Professional and clear communication skills (by phone and in-person)
- Willingness and flexibility to vary hours and efforts according to deadlines
If interested, please contact email@example.com
skills: 401K, AP, Dynamics, A/R Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.