This position is in Charleston, SC. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Charleston, SC.
The Manager of Corporate Accounting at a multi-billion dollar financial services company will primarily be responsible for ensuring the Controllership Corporate Accounting is in compliance with GAAP, Federal and State regulatory, and internal controls requirements. The Manager of Corporate Accounting will be a key member of the Controllership group through suggestions of work processes and creating financial efficiency to all corporate accounting policies and procedures.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Apply financial, accounting & control policies for consistent practice/application of GAAP across the company.
- Analyze and verify large amounts of data and develop appropriate spreadsheets to summarize and communicate data effectively.
- Think critically and analytically to develop decision-making and data-analysis tools and communicate insights to improve accounting operations and optimize business performance.
- Review and approve journal entries and reconciliations.
- Coach and mentor staff.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Will supervise staff accountants
*** Qualified and interested candidates my apply online or reach out directly to Matt Kushy at email@example.com**
- Candidates must reside in or relocate to Charleston, SC
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA, with a minimum of 4 years' recent public or corporate accounting experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Good analytical skills Highly motivated team player with a winning attitude
- Must like working in a progressive environment where immediacy and focus on problem recognition and resolution is valued
- Time management skills
- Self-motivator while actively participating in a team environment
- Financial services experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.