Company in the Bay Area is seeking a General Ledger Accountant to join their team. Candidate will be performing general accounting responsibilities, such as handling accounts payable invoices, helping file monthly and year end work for the accounting department, and making daily bank deposits as needed. Ideal candidate will be proficient in Excel to track necessary expenses in Excel. The candidate will also support the administrative aspect of the Property company, from answering phones, greeting customers, and handle outside vendors when necessary.
Please respond to the posting directly for immediate consideration.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $68,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: No Degree Required
experience: 2 Years
- Assist in accounting functions when needed by the team
- Handle AP invoices, cut checks, make daily bank deposits, and file invoices
- Utilize Excel on a daily basis to track and record expenses (Common Area Maintenance)
- Assist in administrative work such as filing, greeting customers, answer phones, and photocopying
- Help out with monthly and year end work with the team members in the accounting department
- File daily, monthly and year end work as needed for accounting department
- Work closely with different departments and high level managers to ensure operations without any issues
- Assist year-end prep of books and reconciliation work with Common Area Maintenance
- Process checks to ledgers when needed
- Fill in and prepare deposit tickets when team members need assistance
- Work with the team to assist in any AR and AP needs
- 2+ years experience in accounting
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Systems such as Yardi a plus, but not required
- Property experience a plus, but not required
For immediate considerations, please apply directly to this posting.
skills: Property Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.