A large company in the Bothell area is looking to bring on a contract employee to assist them within the Human Resources team for the next 6 months. This position is a great way to get more experience within a large company's HR team and could go permanent for the right person.
location: Bellevue, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $19 - 22 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Supports the functions of the HR Director, Benefits Manager, and HR Generalist in multiple administrative areas.
- Records employee information such as personal data, compensation, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason directly into HR databases, such as Spectrum.
- Keeps the HR system up-to-date and accurate
- Updates employee files, electronic, to document personnel actions and provides information for payroll administration, audits, and employee management
- Assists with filing of HR records and I-9 documentation management
- Assist with employee data requests as they relate to Department of Transportation Driver Qualification Files
- Monitors unemployment claims by reviewing claims; substantiating documentation; requesting legal counsel review.
- Processes Verification of Employment Requests and Verification of Income Requests
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons
- Responds to inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures and programs
- Supports department goals, objectives, and HR processes and systems
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports for internal use, as well as third party vendors, as requested and authorized
- Assists with the administrative tasks related to onboarding and termination of employees
- Minimum of 1-3 years of HR experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 programs
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Good organizational, planning and follow up skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Able to build relationships cross functionally
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high level of professionalism and composure
skills: Human Resources, Benefit Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.