Merger & Acquisitions Analyst
Junior Acquisitions Analyst is part of a growing Healthcare acquisitions team. You will be working hand-in-hand with senior executives and the deal team to shepherd deals through the due-diligence process to acquisition. We are looking for someone with a questioning mind that will be able to gather and dig through diligence materials and identify any hidden risks in acquisition targets. You will often be working directly with the acquisition target, their accountants, and their lawyers. With a pipeline of acquisition targets you will be responsible for helping quickly close on smart acquisitions.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
1. Accurate financial modeling of acquisition targets - we require our models to be as evidence based as possible
2. Valuations and ROI on acquisition targets including risk tolerances and sensitivity analysis
3. Support and evaluate capital investment business cases for ROI
4. Perform Quality of Earnings Analysis
5. Manage the gathering of diligence from practices
6. Respond quickly to analysis requests and emails in a friendly way - customer service focus
We are creating a team that will take us to new heights. In this role initially we need a heads-down, roll-up-your sleeves, get-it-done person and who can be treated like a professional. The role will grow and become more independent over time; we hope you will grow with us. These are key near-term accountabilities, so that when we look back over your first six months we can say "you are a success." As goals are completed, new goals and metrics will be created.
1. Obtain an initial understanding of the P&L drivers of our acquisitions - this understanding should deepen over time into expertise.
2. Develop a financial model template for acquisitions; it should be flexible to allow for scenarios and multiple applications to similar practice types.
3. Travel on-site with the deal team to acquisition targets to learn the due diligence process and how to interact with potential acquisition targets. (Most of our deals are focused in the DC Metropolitan area)
4. Develop an innate understanding deal structures so as to be able to identify what key business areas impact return on investment.
1. Quality of Earnings Analysis. We need you to be able to review the Financial Statements and any supporting documentation to identify how they are impacted by cash basis accounting and non-recurring or one-time items.
2. Financial Modeling. We need you to create financial models of acquisition targets.
3. Due Diligence. You will need to go on-site with the deal team to walk acquisition targets through the due diligence stage of the acquisition process. You will work to gather the evidence to prove out the financial models used to create a purchase price.
Skills and Experience (listed in order of importance)
- You get start-ups: teamwork/cooperation, "grab an oar" mentality and you adapt quickly
- You have a sense of personal accountability and urgency, and you meet deadlines.
- You want the team to win over individual accolades.
- You take initiative, you act not just react, and you like improvement and change.
- You leverage new technology to work smarter not harder.
Skills and Experience
- Spreadsheet virtuoso
- Audit or acquisition experience
- Experience in a fast-growing environment is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.