Looking for an Accountant to join a team on a campus that has been transformed with state-of-the-art facilities supporting science, engineering, medicine, business, athletics, law and the arts.
location: Fremont, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- CORE DUTIES:
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Analyze accounting transactions and information to summarize current financial position at the unit or organization-wide level. Construct and assemble data for decision making; develop conclusions, and present high level summary of recommendations.
- Capture, track, and report revenue and expenses; determine appropriate procedures for accounting record preparation, research of transactions and reporting. Oversee, reconcile, and resolve problems relative to complicated accounts.
- Collect data and perform research on details of transactions. Generate, review, analyze and communicate financial data that reflects actual financial performance against approved budgets. Prepare and present quantitative and qualitative analyses focusing on variances from budget and prior data.
- Maintain and review accounting process controls; recommend and implement any approved modifications; perform preliminary analysis and recommend solutions. Develop and maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility.
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; prepare management information reports.
- Execute internal control programs established by management, research new regulations, and recommend and implement approved changes. May manage compliance program for area of responsibility, and create complex compliance reports.
- Contribute to unit and organization strategy; assist in the development of change management plans and materials as needed. Participate as a member of a project team; support new initiatives. Make decisions determining approach to managing and completing processes.
- Participate in critical analysis of existing systems and processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement. Define requirements, develop and implement complex test cases, perform system testing and analyze results.
- Serve as a resource to local units and other departments to resolve accounting-related issues.
- May act as a lead, train, coach, and review the work of other staff, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual expertise.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree plus four years of applicable experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office; intermediate Excel skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with accounting systems and the internet; computer literacy.
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting skills and concepts.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to contribute as part of a project team.
Please apply directly or email your resume to email@example.com.
skills: capital expenditures, Capital, Capitalization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.