Seeking analytical Senior Financial Analyst who wants to join a fast growing team in beautiful La Jolla! This candidate will be responsible for developing financial models, prepare detailed financial analysis and recommendations on important commercial decisions, potential transactions, investments or development programs and how they affect the future financial performance of the company.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Develop detailed financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting activities of the company
- Provide detailed analysis and recommendations on important commercial decisions, potential M&A transactions, investments or development programs and how they affect the future financial performance of the company
- Perform market research, data mining and conduct comparables analysis to support financial analysis and valuations
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions, and trends
- Create recommendations to be presented to management and the Board
- Help grow company financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial analysis and recommendations
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for operations optimization
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, economics or mathematics required.
- Master's Degree in Finance or Business preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive financial experience focused on financial analysis and valuation
- Prior experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical sectors
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Working experience of incorporating U.S. GAAP rules in preparing financial analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.
skills: Budgeting, Cash Forecasting, Finance Model, FP&A / Modeling
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.