job summary: Job Summary:
We are seeking an experienced Tax Manager for a progressive and established client of ours in Hartford. The company has grown year after year, and has put a positive impact in the public accounting industry, providing high integrity, professionalism, and success to their clients.
They also offer lucrative and competitive compensation with outstanding company benefits, great working culture, and a healthy work/life balance for all of their employees! This had led them to be very successful in developing their staff with the firm and providing many opportunities for professional growth.
This individual must be strong with corporate and partnership tax, working knowledge of General Ledgers and utilization of QuickBooks ERP software. They also must have their CPA and will provide a positive impression with clients by exhibiting professionalism, competency, and ability.
If you are seeking an organization that will truly invest in your career development, weighing a healthy balance for your career and life at home, that provides great incentives, please apply to learn more!
location: Hartford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Experienced in both individual and business tax returns, concentration in flow through entities
- Work closely with clients to provide individual and business tax planning, consulting and compliance services in an effective manner
- Provide proper representation for clients with taxing authorities under federal or state examination
- Provide client satisfaction through knowledge, communication, managing deadlines, and proactively offering tax saving strategies
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor staff including performance reviews
- Provide on the job training to subordinates
- Assist partners with engagement budgets and staff performance reviews
- Review staff work product and ensure firm processes/quality control procedures are being executed
- Proactively participates in professional development opportunities
- Attend professional development and continuing educations sessions
- CPA certification required with a 4 + year public accounting tax experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting
- Masters in Taxation degree - huge plus/preferred, not required
- Strong technical skills with tax preparation/review, tax compliance and research
- Ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationships
- Great leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of complex tax issues
skills: General Ledger, Quickbooks, Corporate Tax, CPA, Partnership Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.