Hyper growth late stage Unicorn Pre-IPO Technology company in San Francisco is currently seeking a Senior Accountant - AP to support their AP process, all AP accounting/ prepaids/ accruals, and help be a lead in the department. This role will have ample opportunity to grow to the next level within AP or more into more of a GL role depending on interests. Great track record of developing staff and excellent corporate culture. Qualified candidates will have 3-7+ years of AP experience and experience with accruals/prepaids and some month-end close.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Senior Accountant - AP
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and experienced Senior Accountant - AP to support the business. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth. Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and respond to external/internal supplier inquiries.
- Handle invoices in multi-currency from domestic and international vendors.
- Review AP Invoice Aging.
- Ability to process high volume of data accurately and efficiently.
- Work closely with individuals at all levels of the Company to ensure timely and appropriate processing of invoices and payments and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Manage the weekly payments runs to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Assist in maintaining vendor files, including collecting required vendor W-9 forms.
- Manage annual 1099 reporting.
- Request and review vendor statements and work directly with vendors to resolve discrepancies and respond to inquiries, including questions on POs and payments.
- Quarterly sales and use tax calculations and fillings.
- Maintain accounts payable customer files.
- Prepare JE and related account reconciliations.
- Help implementing process improvements by gaining a better understanding of the systems.
- Administration of the Corporate Credit Card and Expensify.
- Assist with accounting projects as needed, including Month-End close and annual external audit.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting.
- 3-7+ years Accounts Payable or accounting experience desired.
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes.
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively.
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes.
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience in SaaS based Start-ups desired.
skills: Accounts Payable, Accruals, Analysis, AP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.