Randstad Professionals has an immediate need for a Senior Accountant with fixed asset experience. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for general ledger accounting, month-end closings and internal financial reporting of fixed assets. This includes internal financial reporting, trial balance reconciliations, fixed asset roll-forwards depreciation and amortization schedules
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare monthly fixed asset schedules depreciation amortization schedules and roll forwards
- Process routine and non-routine journal entries (fixed asset and related)
- Maintain accurate records of Capital Expenditure purchases and respective depreciation/amortization schedules
- Ensure all depreciation/amortization lives used are in accordance with U.S. GAAP and corporate policies and procedures.
- Accurately record and maintain schedules of fixed asset additions, deletions and retirements in accordance with U.S. GAAP and corporate policies and procedures.
- Calculate and prepare monthly complex journal entries for depreciation/amortization.
- Reconciliations all fixed asset accounts.
- Create and maintain monthly schedules of fixed asset and capital additions.
- Investigate material variances within the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly fixed asset roll forwards.
- Prepare and post fixed assets disposals/retirements
- Perform research on technical fixed assets transactions and updates to senior management
- BBA Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years experience.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups, what ifs, formulas and functions) JD Edwards experience.
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and written)
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and analyze massive amounts of data
- Must be highly organized and very analytical
skills: Consolidations, Analysis, $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.