Large home improvement company seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to joint their dynamic and fun accounting team
location: Orange, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Assist with accruals, payroll, notes receivable, fixed assets, intangible assets, goodwill, inter-company, debt and sales/use tax.
- Prepares month amortization and analysis of Accounting Guidance related to Revenue Recognition (ASC 606)
- Post journal entries and preform account reconciliations in accordance with monthly, quarterly and annual closing calendars.
- Prepare sales and use tax filings, including maintaining of related accruals.
- Prepare detailed statements and reports for financial transactions.
- Assist in developing and maintaining accounting principles and procedures
- Works with the Assistant Controller to review and streamline current processes across the accounting department.
- Assists in coordinating monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Maintains the accuracy of the balance sheet and income statement accounts on a US GAAP accrual basis, including review of general ledger reconciliations.
- Review and provide variance analysis on the monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reporting packages, including forecasts and budgets.
- Gather necessary documents for auditors and tax professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Public accounting experience is a plus.
- Minimum 4 years work experience, including 2-3 years in general accounting.
- Experience in multi-company, multi-location environment highly encouraged.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills using Formulas, Macros, Pivot Tables and Index Match formula.
- Knowledge and familiarity of MS Dynamics Great Plains Accounting System is preferred.
skills: Revenue Recognition
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.