Are you looking to work for a well funded VC start up company in Orange County that utilizes new and exciting AI technology to make life easier for its customers and employees?
Our client is looking to add a Sr. Underwriter to their team in Costa Mesa, CA.
Sr. Underwriters are responsible for pre-qualifying the loan utilizing the lender guidelines for each product group. Ensures the transition point of a loan application to a locked loan. The room for growth in this position has many avenues and candidates from this position are definitely recognized for promotion within underwriting or other Operations Departments.
location: Costa Mesa, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Sr. Underwriter responsibilities:
- Follow guidelines, receive and review loan applications, and ensure accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Verify loan-to-value ratios, completeness of application and credit reports
- Analyze documentation provided by banker and borrower
- MUST be detail-oriented to maintain accuracy.
- Interact with quality control, compliance, production, processing, and Disclosure Compliance for problem resolution
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative to get things done
- Efficient communication and follow-through
- 2 years of recent underwriting experience
- Individuals seeking a career-interest to grow and develop in the mortgage industry
- BA/BS degree
- DE and SAR certification
- Government and Conventional
- Processing experience
- Encompass experience
This is an amazing opportunity to join a company that is making major waves in the financial services industry.
Apply now to be considered!
skills: Underwriting, Mortgage Underwriting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.