Venerable Financial Services Institution is seeking Assistant Controller to provide exceptional support for the accounting operations and controls of the organization. As a team member you will be responsible for meeting the department's deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and financial reporting. You will also assist in successfully completing and meeting regulatory and tax reporting and filing requirements, and internal and external audit activities.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare or assist in month-end close and management/board reporting process
- Prepare or assist with various internal reporting packages and external regulatory filings that may be monthly, quarterly, or annually
- Prepare or assist in filing of various tax schedules for local, State, and Federal agencies, as well as researching and responding to related inquiries
- Assist to ensure the reconciliation of the Balance Sheet GL accounts are carried out effectively and timely manner and supporting workpapers are concise and effective
- Assist to identify, implement process improvements, and ensure efficiency in A/P, A/R, Fixed Assets, G/L, Reporting, and Reconciliation activities
- Assist to ensure department written operating policies and procedures are current and accurate, and followed as prescribed
- Assist to implement and manage various internal audits processes and resolve any findings promptly as well as implementing adequate internal control environment where needed
- Assist and support annual engagements involving external financial statement audit, various internal audits, and external local, state, or federal audits as needed as well as assisting in periodic regulatory exams process
- Assist to monitor and research new accounting developments from authoritative bodies (FASB, AICPA, NCUA), evaluate accounting transactions and new accounting pronouncements
- Assist to implement CECL within the established deadline
- Research and resolve system related issues through working with internal departments including operations and IT, and vendors, as needed
- Perform other duties assigned by the VP Controller or CFO
- Serve as a backup to other accounting department staff
- At least 5+ years of public and private accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent experience
- CPA license highly preferred
- Previous Credit Union experience or Financial Institution environment preferred
- Experience with core banking systems in relation to general ledger posting preferred
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated managerial and supervisory experience
- Professional attitude and demeanor and the ability to exercise good judgment
- Strong Excel skills preferred
For immediate and confidential consideration, contact me directly at email@example.com.
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.