We are currently partnering with a client who is seeking a Director of Accounting (for Corporate Accounting to include Fixed Assets, Leases and Accruals) to join their corporate office in Carrollton, TX. In this role, you would be part of a vital and collaborative team that works daily to successfully manage the financial aspects of our business.
location: Carrollton, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Responsible for corporate accounting, including fixed assets, leasing and accruals.
- Work closely with HR to ensure all plans are in accordance with GAAP
- Lead a team to successfully execute full cycle accounting calendars in a timely basis. Close is done in 3 days.
- Ensure that SOX controls are accurately documented, kept current and are executed in accordance with company policies and ensure documentation of new products or changes in state requirements for existing products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
- CPA is required
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Prefer 3-5+ years leading and managing an accounting team in a mid-to-large sized company
- Experience with ensuring that all Payroll and Compensation accounting is recorded to the General Ledger
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, fund accounting, and internal accounting controls
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong prioritizing, organizational, and time management skills
- Must have flexible thinking and be able to work in ambiguity
- Must have an analytical mindset and have strong problem-solving skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Great Plains, Oracle, Cognos, ReqLogic, Accruent, DocLink, TrinTech, or Management reporter
- Great opportunity for someone at the Sr. Manager level ready for next step in their career!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.