job summary: We are seeking a detail oriented Senior Accountant for an exciting opportunity with an energy trading company in Irvine!
The Senior Accountant will be an integral part of the daily accounting function and spent a great deal of time working in the general ledger, assisting with close, internal/external audits, ensuring internal controls, and providing financial reporting.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $72,500 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Senior Accountant responsibilities include:
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close to ensure accuracy and validity of accounting transactions and company books and records
- Prepare/review journal entries and review accounting classifications, in accordance with IFRS and generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare the month, quarter end, and year end close financial reporting and disclosures related to commodity accounting transactions, including pipeline and storage commitments.
- Maintain documentation in support of external and internal audits.
- Prepare support for derivative accounting disclosures and fair value measurements thereof.
- Maintain organized records and files to document financial transactions.
- Monitor bank balances, reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Maintain controls to ensure the integrity of all systems, processes and data and recommend and implement improvements to accounting processes and procedures.
- Responsible assisting in problem solving with other departments
- Participates in external & internal audit by analyzing general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Serve as a financial reporting resource to other departments
- Research new product/structured transaction accounting treatment and implement accounting procedure on them.
- Special projects and/or requests for Dodd-Frank compliance, contractual review and documentation for accounting (lease, derivative, non-derivative, disclosure) implications.
- Support the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports and wire transfers, including sending out 1099 forms.
qualifications: Ideal Senior Accountant qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in commodity/derivative accounting.
- Experience in hedge accounting and derivative accounting in Energy industry - Natural Gas, LNG, Oil, and Power
- Good understanding on energy derivatives instruments
- Experience with SAP GL, AP, and AR modules
We are holding interviews for this role on Wednesday 7/31 so apply now in order to be considered!
skills: Account Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliations, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.