Accounts Payable Manager
Seeking an analytical, energetic, results-driven Accounts Payable Manager to join our growing team! The AP Manager is responsible for performing a variety of accounts payable duties and supervision to support the growth of the business.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Manages AP. Includes Customer Vendor Relations and the AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099, and tax-related matters for one ERP System and possibly multiple companies and currencies.
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems, procedures, and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines, such as, but not limited to positive pay and expense reporting.
- Selects and hires employees for the groups mentioned above. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses, and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Manages New Vendor Setup, credit applications, and review of contracts for new vendors.
- Is main point of contact for vendors and expense reporting system.
- Prepares/assists in preparation of month-end Accounts Payable accrual.
- Performs Accounts Payable reconciliation at month end.
- Cross-trains with Accounting Manager to provide backup.
- Assists with interim and year-end audit requests.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years previous accounting experience.
- 2 or more years previous accounts payable supervisory experience required.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP System experience a must, as well as 1099 filing experience. - Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, clients, and upper management.
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter and have an ability to prioritize workload.
skills: A/P Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.