Highly prestigious university is looking for a dynamic leader to manage its Bursar Office. This is an opportunity to continue to cultivate and/or accelerate your career as a Bursar
in a collaborative environment where process improvement and change management is welcomed and encouraged.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
is responsible for operations of the Bursar's Office and ensures that all billings, collections, financial aid accounting, receipting, reconciliation, and related functions are performed in an accurate, timely, and compliant manner. Provides key input on related software infrastructure. Directs the financial aspects of the student registration process. Acts as functional lead for the Accounts Receivable functions of the Student information System. Provides input and assistance with leadership, strategic planning and organizational direction of the office, coordination with the enrollment services division, and other duties as assigned in pursuit of Treasury/Bursar objectives. Major Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate tuition and fee schedules are established in Banner and applied to student profiles.
- Oversee cash receipts operations for the Institute including cashiering, departmental deposits, vault, and petty cash. Primary fiduciary responsibility for Institute funds through proper safekeeping and accurate accounting.
- Oversee receipt, posting, and accounting of external scholarships, 1098-T processing, and the Perkins and institutional loan portfolio. Ensure accurate, timely processing, in accordance with Institute, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Oversee collection activities, reconciliations, and AR aging.
- Responsible for general ledger account reconciliations, including TouchNet reconciliations, to verify proper handling and accountability of funds.
- Responsible for customer support services. Manage and support staff providing customer support to all Bursar customers including students, parents, and other departments. Ensure proper training and cross-training of staff and be available to assist with more complex issues and difficult customers.
- Ensure all non-sponsored accounts receivables are billed and recorded appropriately.
- Responsible for scholarship and fellowship accounting functions, and reconciliations
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: Seven + years
- Preferred Education: Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- Preferred Skills: Experience with Banner Student System, PeopleSoft Financial Management System, Workday Financial Management System, and Touchnet payment portal (or equivalent administration systems). Experience in a university environment. Experience using independent judgment and action to solve complex problems.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to: email@example.com
skills: Account Reconciliation, A/R Supv/Mgmt Responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.