job summary: SUMMARY
Our client is the leading luxury real estate brand in California and the top independent brokerage firm nationally. They offer a full range of residential and commercial real estate services and are currently seeking an Accounting Manager to work closely with their Enterprise Controller and oversee two of their subsidiaries. This position would be responsible for financial reporting, day to day accounting duties, approving invoices, forecasting and managing month end. In addition, this position would be responsible for direct management of full time bookkeeper. .
location: Santa Rosa, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist the controller in the direction of the accounting functions of the organization.
- Monthly and yearly closing of the assigned entities
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Prevent inaccuracies in financial statements by monitoring internal control systems and adopting proper policies for financial reporting.
- Monitor and develop system controls for ensuring data integrity
- Review financial data to ensure fairness and completeness of the date
- Assist with bi-weekly revenue and cash forecasting
- Manage operational data and maintain data accuracy and integrity.
- GAAP and income tax research as needed.
- Assist in annual and interim audit.
- Prepare income tax estimates and filings.
- Supervise 1 Staff - Bookkeeper
- Other projects as needed.
qualifications: WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
WHAT YOU'LL USE
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience required. A combination of public and private with fortune 500 experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- CPA preferred
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Team player, intensely committed to success and getting the job done well in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement, organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Highly attentive to details.
- Experience with Great Plains, Management Reporter and/or Profit Power a PLUS!
- Profit Power
- Great Plains
- BNA Fixed Assets
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.