One of my clients in the Waterside District is looking to add a Staff Accountant to their team! This position is responsible for servicing operating units by performing their various accounting activities and requires a wide range of skills, including but not limited to; processing transactions in the GL system and various other plant sub-ledger systems, account reconciliation, problem solving, process improvement, financial analysis and support of the month end closing process.
location: Norfolk, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Develop journal entries and perform analysis in key accounting areas
- Be the primary contact for the field on all accounting matters
- Work effectively with internal customers and other team members to deliver quality accounting services in a timely and professional manner
- Strong account reconciliation skills
- Reconcile key accounts and maintain internal controls
- Assist in the preparation of basic financial, operational and analytical reports
- Meet monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close deadlines
- Assist with special projects, reports and perform other duties as assigned, requested, or self-determined
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2-4 years of relevant accounting or finance experience required
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Excel skills
If you or anyone you know may be interested, please email Alyssa Crnkovich at Alyssa.Crnkovich@randstadusa.com
. Thank you!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.