Our client is a large publicly held international company, seeking for an Accounting Manager
with multi-currency consolidation experience. The position will oversee the accounting for several locations across Canada, US, and Mexico. This manager will oversee direct reports located in Las Vegas & Canada and will have to manage remotely. There is also a travel requirement for this person to visit the Canadian corporate offices 4 times each year for board meetings, audits, etc.
location: Las Vegas, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises staff during the month-end closing process, including reviewing of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, etc.
- Performs more complex tasks involved in interfacing reporting systems/accounting transactions into the general ledger.
- Leads research and Flux analysis and interfaces with field personnel, financial analysts and/or management to communicate findings.
- Ensures deadlines and performance standards are established and met.
- Maintains and reviews more complex account reconciliations to ensure that all financial transactions are properly accounted for.
- Prepares/reviews schedules for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Leads special projects, including the preparation of schedules for the external auditors.
- Assists with compilation of schedules needed for 10-K and 10-Q disclosures.
qualifications: Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance is required.
- Five years of progressive accounting experience is required.
- CPA designation desired.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SOX.
- Multi-currency consolidation experience is highly preferred
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Excel spreadsheets (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- Travel required.
If your interested in learning more about this opportunity please email your resume to email@example.com
skills: Management, General Ledger, Consolidations, SEC Reporting, GAAP, Month-End Close, Sarbanes-Oxley, International Accounting, SOX, Foreign Currency Translation, International Financial Reporting, $1 - 2 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.