Our client is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented Revenue Accounting Manager to join our growing Finance team. This role will play an integral part in our financial reporting process, policy development and planned NetSuite implementation. This individual will also have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping our accounting processes and controls, tracking our performance, and identifying new opportunities for improvements. We are looking for someone with the ability to think strategically about processes and best practices, but who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves.
We're not just building a platform to make the world programmable.We're also designing a great place to work
Our team loves working here because...
- We were built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification)
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and has thousands of customers ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Customers use our suite of APIs to mail fully dynamic and personalized customer communications with print media
- Venture backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest
- Our perks include:
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Open vacation policy
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness program
- Paid parental leave
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of our team; you'll directly shape the direction of our company
- Free lunch, dinner, and snacks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 157,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
responsibilities: As a Revenue Accounting Manager, you'll...
- Design, document and implement effective accounting policies and procedures following an impact assessment of ASC 606
- Partner with various teams to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and to support new business developments
- Own the cost of revenue recognition process which requires an understanding of supply chain relationships, billing methodology, and working closely with internal Operations teams to ensure US GAAP-compliant reporting and assessment of margin analysis on a monthly basis
- Manage the month-end close revenue and cost of revenue recognition procedures, as well as related balance sheet reconciliations and flux analyses for monthly management reporting
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support company-wide initiatives, such as new product launches to ensure compliance of revenue recognition policies
- Support new system implementations and integrations
- As Lob continues to grow and scale, so will the function and responsibilities of this role. This role will have no direct-reports at this time
qualifications: For this role, we're looking for...
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/CA certification required
- 7+ years of accounting experience, preferably with Big 4 and industry/relevant financial reporting experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and to make actionable recommendations and to help build and refine processes.
- Ability to identify pertinent issues as they arise, gather data, draw valid conclusions and effectively present this information to management
- Strong MS Excel skills with the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets, build reports, etc.
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, written, presentation)
- Experience with NetSuite and revenue automation tools is preferred
- Experience in SaaS revenue recognition is a plus
For immediate consideration, please send updated resume to Michael.Ahmadi@randstadusa.com
skills: CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.