job summary: Tax Manager, Public Accounting Needed!
Regional CPA firm is looking for a Tax Manager to lead their Fairfield County, CT office. The ideal candidate will have previous management experience with an active CPA.
location: Stamford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- The Tax Manager will be responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Train, develop and mentor new tax associates
- Acting as the go-to contact for the assigned clients for any tax advice, questions and/or concerns.
- Lead and juggle multiple tax engagements at any given time.
- Proficient with corporate and partnership taxation
- Review and prepare federal and state income tax returns for corporations and partnerships.
- Understand the any risk involving tax positions and advise on how to move forward
- Prepare research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- A CPA, JD, or CFP required
- 6-10 years of applicable experience within a similar role
- Previous management or team lead experience is required.
skills: Corporate Tax, Federal Tax, Excise Tax, Fast Tax, Domestic Planning, Individual/Personal Tax Planning, Form 1041 - Fiduciary, Form 1120 - "C" Corporation, Form 1120S - "S" Corporation, Form 1065 - Partnership, Implementation of Tax pronouncements
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.