Sr. Director of Accounting
Seeking a key leader to join our Accounting team. Our Sr. Director of Accounting will lead all operational and transactional accounting activities, accompanied with a strong technical accounting and financial reporting base. Seeking a strong leader with the desire to develop people and take the department to the next level.
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $190,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
General Ledger and Financial Reporting : Oversight of the trial balance of U.S. and International companies. Ensure accuracy of balances recorded and in accordance with U.S. GAAP. U.S. trial balance responsibility includes the core U.S.
- Ensure quality and accuracy providing financial information for both internal management financial reporting and external financial reporting.
- Key contributor for the quarterly external reporting process, including SEC filings and earnings reports.
- Lead efforts to maximize the proper utilization of the Company's various accounting and financial reporting systems, including SAP and BPC Consolidations. - Lead and drive the effectiveness of the international accounting reporting packages, along with the global corporate financial consolidation.
- Responsible for ensuring Company policies relating to its accounting, transactional processing, and financial reporting are strictly adhered to (including but not limited to revenue recognition, leases, capitalization, etc.). Develop further policies and/or enhance current policies.
Commissions : Provide leadership and guidance to the Company's U.S. Sales Commissions function.
- Leadership for calculating and analyzing sales representative and distributor commissions based on formalized incentive plans.
- Reviews the monthly commission payment and any underlying key calculations to ensure participants are paid accurately.
- Drive enhanced utilization of the Company's commission software (Xactly) relative to calculations and administration
Accounts Payable : Lead the Accounts Payable group, which includes ensuring appropriate steps are taken for timely disbursements and accurate recognition in the general ledger.
Expense Reimbursement : Direct the administration of the Company's expense reimbursement system, SAP Concur. Ensure the expense reimbursement system and share-owners' understanding and compliance with the Company's expense reimbursement practices are strictly adhered to.
Credit Card Program : Lead implementations and ensure proper management associated with the Company's credit card program. Company-pay credit cards are issued to share-owners. Team with the Sr. Accounts Payable Manager to ensure company credit cards are maximized in terms of usage to provide Company benefit.
Capitalized Assets : Lead the corporate accounting team in the recognition of capitalized assets, including fixed assets, intangible assets, and various prepaid and other assets. Ensure compliance with applicable U.S. GAAP. For fixed assets, ensure appropriate recognition, CIP classification, and proper accounting for internal software.
Liability recognition : Ensure the accuracy and adequacy of the various liabilities recognized, including accounts payable and accrued expenses, accrual payroll and related expenses, debt, and other liabilities.
Order to Cash : Strong background in supporting the order to cash process. Ability to question and guide strategies around revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606.
Integrations : Act as a key leader in the acquisition and integration process for the Company. Provide guidance and instruction for various subsidiary locations. Perform integration assessments, and ability to consolidate accounting activities into the Corporate office as appropriate.
Internal Controls : Ensure the Company maintains its robust internal control environment relative to the variety of business processes which lead toward financial reporting. Act as a key process owner on internal controls and business processes. Recommend control changes and enhancements as needed.
Audits and Reviews : Key leader in supporting the Company's external audit, internal audit, and quarterly reviews. Manage the corporate Accounting team's time and help guide the external auditors in an efficient manner.
Accounting Requirements : Ensure Company and team members stay up-to-date on the various accounting pronouncements affecting such areas. Be a leading resource for the team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA (active or inactive)
- 10+ years related experience and thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP, strong technical writing skills and experience in the implementation and handling of complex U.S. GAAP accounting matters with proven ability to research and clearly articulate and document complex technical accounting issues. 5+ years of experience related to working within a public company.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with extensive experience managing multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
- Must be self-motivated and function independently, driven towards superior effort and performance and the desire to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Passion for leading people. Having joy in supporting growth and learning. Being a strong advocate for the Accounting team.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including written and verbal communication, especially in developing positions and presenting to management, auditors, and non-accounting stakeholders.
skills: CPA, SEC, CPA Candidate, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.