Non Profit organization in Washington, DC is seeking an Accounting Manager with excellent customer service, ability to meet deadlines in strictly pressing environment and a high level of patience. Salary will be competitive.
The Accounting Manager will maintain the general accounting records and software systems to achieve and sustain a high quality level of fiscal operations in a dynamic accounting environment. Implement adequate internal controls to safeguard financial resources. Assist the Corporate Controller and the Executive Director of Finance & Administration with the annual budget process, monthly financial reviews, quarterly forecasts and special strategic projects.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Manage and coordinate the month end and year end closeincluding reviewing, approving, and posting all account payable transactions and journal entry transactions to ensure the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of the monthly financial statements.
- Coach, lead, coordinate, and develop Finance and Accounting staff including assigning tasks to the appropriate staff, reviewing staff's monthly reconciliations and providing backup for Accounting and Finance positions and the Payroll Manager.
- Review organization's funds reconciliation to ensure they are properly coded according to the US GAAP and accounted for within the approved budget.
- Coordinate the year-end audit and preparation of audit schedules to ensure the timely delivery of the auditor's reports.
- Serve as the backup for the Controller. Assist controller with monthly reporting including preparation and review of the departmental financial reports and various compliance requirements
- Must have Accounting Degree
- Must have Non-Profit experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
Qualified candidates should submit their resume in wod format.
skills: Account Reconciliation, Month-End Close, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.