Sr. Cost Accountant: Growing client in north Alpharetta, GA is looking to add a Cost Accountant with strong Excel to their Accounting department. Offering an excellent culture and stable work environment.
location: Alpharetta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 78,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Develop a thorough understanding of key cost elements and propose to management opportunities to reduce cost and drive efficiencies.
- Must know how to develop cost standard for material and labor.
- Understand fixed and variable overhead calculations.
- Explain usage and routing variances.
- Oversee periodic cycle counts and physical inventories in each warehouse.
- Subject matter expert of the inventory control and costing modules in the ERP system
- Develop periodic and ad hoc reports as directed by management.
- 8+ years of Cost Accounting experience
- Must be highly analytical
- Must have knowledge of back-flashing
- Must understand purchasing price variance compared to standards
- BOMs and using yields for material cost in calculating unit cost
- Advanced Excel skills is a must
- Must have the ability to analyze, manipulated report on and update large amounts of data efficiently
- QuickBooks experience is preferred
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.