Administers and assists in all aspects of the candidate search and sourcing process. Performs Internet searching, database mining, pre-screening and continuous maintenance of the candidate database. Interviews prospective associates and may be involved in some college and professional recruiting.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
1. Generates leads by conducting research and/or utilizing a variety of resources. Prioritizes search requests from recruiters as well as tracks and analyzes the results.
2. Screens and qualifies candidates to present to the businesses. Mines the Internet for passive and active job seekers in technical and professional positions. Screens candidates for placement criteria and provides written summary of skills and abilities to hiring area.
3. Maintains recruiting information for compliance purposes.
4. Acts as a front line ambassador for our client in order to promote the organization.
5. Builds and maintains recruiting networks with external and internal sources to create a diversified pipeline of talent.
6. Supports business operations for assigned area(s). Explains company structure and associate benefits to candidates. Interviews and evaluates recruited candidates and makes recommendations to hiring managers.
7. Establishes relationships with front line hiring managers. Consults with businesses to define staffing plans and job requirements
8. Provides input for monthly reporting of all recruiting activity, highlighting successes and opportunities for continuous improvement.
9. Recruits for high volume/high turnover positions where the need for a continuous candidate pool exists. Typically recruits for non-exempt positions.
10. Supports Sr Recruiter and Recruiting Specialist on complex searches and recruiting practices.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in Human Resource Management, Business or related discipline.Experience: A minimum of two years in a research or recruiting function. Experience in Human Resources desirable. Proven success in using creative sourcing techniques to produce candidate pools.Knowledge: Must have knowledge in state and federal employment laws. Familiarity with technical, insurance, and financial operations terminology. Proven knowledge in various search engines, career sites, and news groups. Must have a firm understanding of application tracking systems.
Skills/Competencies: Ability to identify recruiting needs and candidate sources. Ability to assess candidates, competencies and experience in relation to positions. Ability to research candidate sources and cold call; must be proficient in using internal based software. Must have a mastery of e-recruiting web space including web architecture (banner construction and jump pages), page creations and design, Boolean logic, etc. Must have strong desktop application skills with MS Office and LNotes expertise preferred. Ability to track and analyze results.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.