Randstad Professionals has an immediate contract-to-hire opportunity for an experienced Payroll Tax Specialist
for its Marietta/Cobb area. Ideal candidate will have experience in payroll tax filings, compliance, reconciling and preparing W2 tax forms, and multistate payroll tax within a fast-paced environment. This position requires heavy Excel so this person needs to have strong Excel skills in order to do well in this role.
Please see additional details below.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 27 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
- Responsible for the accurate taxation, reporting and tax remittance for all payrolls
- Handles relationship with tax vendor to ensure proper handling of all tax obligations and timely resolution of agency notices
- Works with Payroll Supervisor to ensure proper taxation of inbound and outbound expatriate employees
- Contacts tax agencies to apply for and set up new tax IDs, as needed, to remain current with changing tax obligations
- Serves as liaison between company and various tax agencies to resolve payroll tax related issues timely.
- Reviews and approves all weekly, biweekly, quarterly and annual payments and returns by tax vendor.
- Ensures all quarterly returns are filed timely.
- Ensures all annual returns are filed timely.
- Ensures all W2s are processed and mailed timely.
- Processes timely AP requests and returns for any tax payments not supported by tax vendor to ensure remittance by agency deadline
- Performs monthly and quarterly audits on system to ensure data integrity and resolves any discrepancies that would
- negatively impact company tax returns.
- Serves as subject matter expert on all payroll tax related matters.
- Assists Payroll Manager and Payroll Supervisor with research and projects, as needed, related to tax matters
- Remains current on changing legislation as it pertains to payroll tax at the Federal, State and Local level
- Assists Corporate Accounting with reconciliation of payroll tax account balances
- Assists with other payroll functions, as needed
- 2+ Years of Payroll Tax experience
- Strong Multi-State, High Volume
- Experience with OH, PA, KY, IN locals and SIT reciprocity needed
- Oracle Experience preferred
- Strong Excel
- Ability to Problem Solve/Critical-Thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to explain complex subjects in simple terms
- Proactive to problem solving
- High school diploma required
- 4 Year Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- CPP preferred
For immediate consideration please email an updated WORD formatted resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 404-442-0449.
skills: Payroll Tax, Payroll Tax-Multistate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.