$1B Technology Company in Silicon Valley is seeking an experienced Senior Inventory Accountant. This position will support both the Accounting & Finance departments performing inventory accounting functions.
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Monitor monthly inventory reserve calculations in excel
- Understand existing inventory impairments
- Maintain existing cash forecasting worksheets and update/improve as applicable
- Work closely with various departments to gather data used for analysis and forecasting including Supply Chain, Legal, and Corporate
- Understand and maintain various categories of inventory (program specific vs. common, prepaid, etc.)
- Critically review reports and logs received for inconsistencies and/or errors
- Prepare various deliverables to support the preparation of the financial statements and/or quarterly reporting
- Provide and receive support to/from other Accounting / Finance team members, as needed.
- Communicate with supply chain and other members of finance
- Assist with any other ad hoc projects, analysis or analytics as needed
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and minimize inefficiencies
- Execute procedures in accordance with company policies
- May be responsible for projects or other jobs as assigned
- Assist in analyzing and reviewing general ledger accounts through preparation of monthly reconciliations,
- Produce and input various journal entries into Financial Systems (e.g. Oracle 11i and IFS).
- Demonstrated independence and self-motivation to solve problems and work productively
- Has demonstrated attention to detail and good-record-keeping skills
- Prioritizes workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or finance
- 3+ years' experience required
- Must possess strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to multitask.
- Experience working in medium or large ERP systems preferred (not required)
- Good understanding of US GAAP
For immediate and confidential consideration, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.