$1B Technology Company in Silicon Valley is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to focus on their US Government-specific accounting functions. This position will support both the Accounting & Finance departments performing incurred cost proposals and monitoring cost pools.
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Significantly contribute to preparation of Incurred Cost proposal
- Significantly contribute to the preparation of Forward Pricing Rate Agreement for DCAA/ DCMA compliance
- Understand and monitor costs related to pools and derived rates
- Support Accounting and FP&A teams in improving processes to deliver DCAA compliant reporting data
- Help design and build cost models for new products
- Propose processes to ensure accurate new business forecasting and government compliant accounting/reporting
- Support S&M team in strategic growth initiatives for new Lines of Business.
- Investigate, analyze and summarize comparative cost history information from the financial systems and MRP tool.
- Work closely with various departments to gather data used for analysis and forecasting
- Critically review reports and logs received for inconsistencies and/or errors
- Prepare various deliverables to support the preparation of the financial statements and/or quarterly reporting
- Provide and receive support to/from other Accounting / Finance team members, as needed.
- Assist with any other ad hoc projects, analysis or analytics as needed
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and minimize inefficiencies
- Execute procedures in accordance with company policies
- May be responsible for projects or other jobs as assigned
- Assist in analyzing and reviewing general ledger accounts through preparation of monthly reconciliations,
- Produce and input various journal entries into Financial Systems (e.g. Oracle 11i and IFS).
- Experience supporting submittal of USG compliant reporting (this probably should be higher up on list of "skills/ abilities"... since this position seems to have emphasis on USG Reporting)
- DCAA/ DCMA experience
- US Gov't Pricing/ cost collection practical experience (beneficial)
- Adherence to concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self-control, and flexibility to get work done
- Demonstrated independence and self-motivation to solve problems and work productively
- Good understanding of US GAAP (moved higher on list of "skills/ abilities")
- Has demonstrated attention to detail and good-record-keeping skills
- Integrity with confidential information
- Prioritizes workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to maintain good rapport with vendors, consultants and employees
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or finance
- Minimum of three - five years of relevant Accounting work experience.
- Must be strong Microsoft Excel user and proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Should have the ability to act and operate independently in support of team objectives with minimal daily direction from supervisor.
- Experience working in medium or large ERP systems preferred (not required)
- Superior analytical skills, combined with excellent business judgment and strong ability to clearly and concisely communicate with senior management level personnel
- Active team player and works well under pressure
- Organized, detail oriented individual with ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy of information
- Creativity in solving complex problems
For immediate & confidential consideration, contact me directly at email@example.com.
skills: Government Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.