DIRECT HIRE - PERM PLACEMENT
Director of Payroll is responsible for developing and executing the strategy for North America payroll operations, including the United States, Canada, Bermuda, and Puerto Rico. This position reports to the Assistant Controller, North America.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $165,000 - 185,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Leads the NA payroll department in the execution of key strategic and operational activities, including processing payroll, system implementation oversight, acquisition / divestiture activities, etc.
- Oversees the preparation and execution of multi-state payroll processing, including calculating, balancing and reconciling payroll calculations, and resolving calculation errors.
- Oversees the calculations and processing of federal and state taxes and social security withholdings and other deductions, insurance, benefits, pension/retirement, 401(k) contributions and company match.
- Oversees the reconciliation of payroll deposits, tax withholdings, wage garnishments, and voluntary deductions.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies and controls, SOX as well as compliance with various state, local and federal laws and regulatory guidance. Manages relationships with internal and external auditors and state and federal agencies
- Ensures and facilitates the review and assessment of payroll practices and procedures for operational effectiveness and quality to continuously improve the payroll process
- Develop payroll reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly) to capture key metrics, like: volume of payroll issues, timing of resolution of payroll issues, and trending issues
- Recruits, selects, develops and manages the performance of a team of payroll professionals. Provides clear direction, guidance and coaching aimed at enhancing performance, quality, productivity and colleague satisfaction
- Ensures escalated payroll issues or concerns are addressed and resolved. Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs. Develops, monitors, and reports service and delivery metrics for the payroll function to manage and achieve results. Develops and analyzes reports.
- Partners with key stakeholder groups such as HR Service Delivery Center, Benefits and Information Technology to ensure alignment to support the operations of the NA payroll function.
- Develop and communicate Service Level Agreement to business partners for each function and monitor and report against these goals and measures teams adherence to SLA's
- 10+ years of experience in a payroll management or leadership position
- Responsible for payroll of at least 10,000 employees, with both an exempt and non-exempt, multi-state population
- CPP Certification strongly preferred
- Oversight of more complex payroll requirements (e.g., Deferred compensation, Stock transactions)
- Experience with integration of payroll process and systems
- Experience with ADP Vantage payroll solutions or other similar ADP product
- Experience with SmartStream Payroll system preferred
- Experience with ServiceNow or similar case management tools preferred
If you are interested in this job, please send an updated resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Certified Payroll Professional, Payroll Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.