We are searching for an Inventory Accountant with a strong costing background to add direct value to a rapidly growing corporation.
The Inventory Accountant will lead the overall costing function. The individual will partner with the director of accounting to oversee cost control systems, inventory closing, and valuation processes. Additionally, they will manage and interpret variances, gather historical cost data, compare budgets with actual expenses, prepare costing reports and make recommendations for presentation to the executive team. They will also partner with operations personnel at both the corporate and plant level to create key metrics to achieve improvements in productivity and efficiency.
location: Newark, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Verifies proper inventory valuation through valuation methodologies in accordance with GAAP and Company policies
- Perform variance analysis in Manufacturing against weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts
- Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory
- Verifying accurate standard costs
- Compile product costs including direct labor, raw materials, and overhead on a quarterly basis and sign off on final costing
- Partner with all Manufacturing plants and Sales to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives
- Execute & monitor inventory receiving transactions
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Preparing monthly journal entries as needed
- Assist budgeting and forecasting process for Operations
- Implements controls and process specifically related to costing and cost account functions. To include but not be limited to Costing Standards, variance calculation and the KPIs related to those areas
- Review component, commissions and other cost items for compliance to vendor agreements
- Provide decision support for cost/pricing process change implementations
- Assist in implementing process improvements that reduce costs in manufacturing & logistics
- Special projects as required
- Minimum of 3 years of prior costing/inventory accounting experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Is flexible and able to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
skills: Cost Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.