My client, a biotechnology company in New Haven county, is looking for a product manager to join their growing team. The product manager is part of a team responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle. This person will be gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The product manager ensures that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
location: Branford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Gains a deep understanding of customer experience, identifies and fills product gaps and generates new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Creates buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners. - Develops product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Drives solution set across development teams through launch.
- Develops the forecast for the product line. - Provides direction and support for beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Evaluates promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Becomes a subject matter expert and acts as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding both internally (product training) and externally (presentations at shows and user group meetings)
- Represents the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- BS in cell biology, or related field or business/marketing degree required, MS preferred -
- 3+ years product management experience with a proven track record in a life science discipline; capital equipment experience preferred
- Industry experience in cell therapy, vaccines, immunology, flow cytometry and/or assay development. -
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing programs/projects and priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong public speaking / presentation skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must be willing to travel approx. 25 - 30%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.