My client, well established commercial real estate firm in Galleria area, is looking for an Senior Property Accountant to join their team. As part of the Accounting group, this role will provide reporting and analysis for the company's commercial real estate portfolio and assist in the development of accounting policies and procedures for management.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare financial statements and management reports for third-party managed commercial properties
- Responsible for review of accounts receivable and accounts payable, expense accruals, bank account reconciliations, etc., for all properties
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital
- Maintain timely cash recording and monitor daily cash balances
- Review all invoicing and parables for properties
- Ensure the accuracy and propriety of all financial data and reports
- Review of financial statements, monthly and quarterly reports, and variance analysis
- Read and interpret lease verbiage as it relates to CAM and real estate tax provisions.
- Lead multiple accounting and reporting projects by collaborating with team members, property and asset managers, and other departments
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures
- Identify, recommend and initiate process improvements and enhancements
- Assist in preparation of audit and review work papers for internal and external audits
- Assist property management team with preparation of annual budgets and operating expense reconciliation.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related discipline
- Must have at least 5 years of progressive Accounting experience in the Commercial Real Estate/Property Accounting industry
- MRI and or Yardi experience is highly preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Must be detail oriented and a team player
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with cross functional teams
- Must be deadline driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For immediate and confidential consideration for this role, please email your resume directly to Reggie Whisenton at email@example.com
skills: Yardi, MRI
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.