Senior Tax Accountant
Great opportunity for skilled tax accountant to join a large,growing company on NW side of town that is expanding it's tax department footprint. This Senior Tax Accountant will oversee the day to day activities related to personal and real property tax as well as work with third party vendors to resolve appeals, submit property tax payments, and compute monthly property tax accruals.
location: Marietta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Calculate monthly real property tax accrual and month over month variance by property level, including monthly reconciliation on timely basis.
- Maintain all property tax payments and records.
- Resolve all property tax notices and ensure no property lien or tax sales occur. Maintain log and compliance documentation in accordance to company standards.
- File monthly AZ TPT tax returns and payments; ensure all payments are coded property in General Ledger.
- Review all mails related to property tax and forward all documents to 3rd party vendors if needed.
- Update monthly property tax payment projections and communicate to Director if shortfall is estimated in near future.
- File annual personal property tax renditions.
- Assist with income/franchise tax when needed.
- Provide analysis of property tax for all our portfolios and explanation of how the accruals and appeals work in different jurisdictions. Generate reports to provide trends or high-level summary to management.
- Review appeals and property management invoices and submit payments timely. - Complete other projects as assigned by the Tax Manager or Director.
- Manage the day to day communication and relationship with 3rd party vendors.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Minimum of 6 years' experience with real property tax for large company
- Proven ability to learn about property taxes in multiple jurisdictions across disperse geographic locations
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: $250-500 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.