Randstad Professionals is in search for a Payroll Tax Accountant. The Payroll Tax Accountant will be responsible for performing all tax compliance and payable processes to include preparing and processing all payroll tax payments.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepares, reconcile and file 940's, 941's and all related payroll tax filings for State and Local tax authorities
- Amends 940's, 941's, State and Local payroll tax returns and provide tax related information to authorities as needed
- Prepares, processes, and amends W-2's, W-2C's, W-3's and all year end related payroll taxes.
- Receives assessed value notices, research and report discrepancies to management.
- Compiles relevant financial data for the accurate completion of State and Local tax returns.
- Maintains all W-4 changes for both Federal and State taxes.
- Audits employee tax set up prior to payroll processing.
- Prepares all payroll tax payments to include electronic funds transfer (EFT)/check requests and ensure timely receipt of all payroll taxes.
- Balances month/quarter/year payroll data and reports discrepancies to management.
- Processes current or prior quarter adjustments for wages and taxes, if incorrect.
- Maintains and updates SUI rate changes and new local taxes/new jurisdictions.
- Researches and resolves tax discrepancies and tax related notices.
- Creates adhoc reports to provide payroll tax information and related information to HR, Benefits, Tax and Accounting departments.
- Assists with the gathering of information for state and Federal audits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountant
- Minimum of 2 years tax related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll processing experience.
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state regulations is required.
- Moderate to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Preferred: experience with Oracle and/or JDE, use of tax research software such as UltiPro and Cognos reporting.
skills: Oracle, JD Edwards, Cognos, Ultipro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.