Our client is looking to fill a senior accountant position on their team as a prior team member relocated. They are looking for someone with at least 2-4 years' experience (preferably with experience from public accounting, but not required), who is proficient in Excel (exposure to pivot tables, V-looks ups a + ) and who works well in a team environment. There typically is some overtime during quarter-end and year-end, and potentially other times throughout the year as necessary. However, in general, this position is unlikely to have any significant OT.
It's a great opportunity with excellent benefits, compensation, and PTO with a growing company.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
Job Details & Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and oversee overall accounting strategy
- Oversee accounting daily operations
- Take responsibility for accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity, etc.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data
- Regularly produce financial reports or statements
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Performing account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts
- Reviewing general ledger accounts and preparing and adjusting journal entries
- Providing detailed analyses and explanations of transactions and account fluctuations
- Assisting with internal and external financial reporting
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Accounting
- Two to Four years of progressive accounting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead team members well
- Works great independently and in a team
- Must have excellent computer skills including MS Office
- NO remote work opportunities
skills: $1 - 2 billion
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.