The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for all aspects of transactional accounting, maintaining the integrity of the general ledger and preparing monthly and interim financial statements, in accordance with established policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. This role reports to the Assistant Controller. Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Ensure the integrity of the accounting information; maintain subsidiary account balances by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Perform bank reconciliations and update weekly cashflow analysis
- Perform revenue analysis on actual activity
- Maintain general ledger; summarize financial information for preparing financial statements and other statements.
- Assist in the year-end close, and preparing annual financial statements
- Assist with the annual audit, compiling required audit schedules and reconciliations
- Support Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions and perform other accounting tasks, as needed
- Participate in accounting projects on an as required basis
Required Education and Experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with month-end close, preparing financial statements and analyzing and communicating financial information.
- Must have experience with large ERP system, Navision preferred
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Software, MS Excel and Word
- Self starter, disciplined and detailed oriented with the ability to work independently in a fast paced, growing environment that requires accuracy and timeliness
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective written, verbal and listening communications skills with internal and external parties in a professional manner
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum seven (7) years in a similar role
- Experience in commercial real estate or construction a plus
location: Flushing, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Track, review, analyze and report on actual costs against commitments.
- Create new purchase orders as requested by the Project team.
- Assist Controller with:
- month end reports
- preparing monthly billing
- tracking of charge backs
- Concur invoice capture documentation
- monthly reporting and presentations
- year end audit and documentation
- budget and forecast deliverables
- various system implementations
- Liaise with the corporate accounting staff to provide coding and invoice approvals .
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently as well as under the direction of the Controllers.
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting preferably with experience in construction.
- Experience with month-end close, preparing financial statements and analyzing and communicating financial information
- Solid, hands on experience with a large ERP system
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Highly analytical - collect, research, and analyze data, allowing clear presentation of results
- Well organized with ability to handle multiple priorities, complete tasks accurately and timely through efficient time management, routinely meets deadlines
- Self-starter willing to take initiative to complete new projects with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written, verbal and listening communications skills interacting with internal and external parties
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from accredited University or College
- 3 yrs relevant professional experienc, Preparing financials statements, Project & corporate accounting
- Real Estate or Construction experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.