Our national client is seeking an experienced Tax Manager, with individual international cross-border experience, to join a growing and well-established company in Hartford, CT.
The position requires an experienced tax professional with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills, and experience with foreign tax credits, tax treaties, and foreign financial reporting.
The company offers very competitive salaries with bonuses, exceptional benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and a healthy work/life balance with flex hours in a rewarding work environment! This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful team and company, that truly invest in your career and provides you the necessary tools to be successful!
location: Hartford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Job Description:
- Provide clients with individual tax planning, including international cross border consulting and compliance services in an effective manner
- Experience in both individual returns and flow through entity tax areas
- Supervise and drive multiple engagements in individual/partnership taxation
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through open communication, managing deadlines and proactively sharing tax saving strategies
- Provide client representation with taxing authorities under federal/state examination
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor staff including performance and engagement reviews
- Provide on the job training to subordinates
- Review staff work product and ensure firm processes and quality control procedures are being executed
- Assist upper management with preparation of engagement budgets, client billing and staff performance reviews
- BBA/BS in Accounting
- CPA certification required with 4+ years tax experience
- Effective business advisory skills
- Experience in the international individual tax areas
- Experience with tax preparation and review, tax compliance, and tax research
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationship
- Thorough understanding of complex tax issues
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically
- Ability to self-direct and organize, prioritize, manage multiple engagements
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills foster client and staff
- Global Mobility issues is a plus
- Masters in Taxation degree is a plus
skills: TAX, CPA, International Tax, Tax Supv/Mgmt, International Compliance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.