The Finance Project Manager (PM) is a member of the Oracle Cloud Implementation Team within Willis Towers Watson. This role and other team members are responsible for the management and oversite of cloud implementation configurations as well as any process improvement initiatives within Global Finance. These programs will affect operational efficiencies in the areas of people, process, technology and reporting - across multiple stakeholders across the company.
The Finance PM will be skilled in hands-on management of strategic projects within Finance. A pro-active leader and influencer who can think "outside the box", and effectively build strong relationships across a matrix organization will excel in this role..This position requires significant collaboration with various teams within Finance, HR, Technology & Change/Communication with responsibility for monitoring, coordinating and partnering with cross-functional teams from initiation through solution delivery, ensuring stated deliverables are met within time, quality and budgetary constraints.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $46 - 51 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Develop and manage detailed project plans, assist with management reporting, oversee task execution for all Finance activities including planning, proposal development, and implementation
- Collaborate with various areas to ensure proper coordination of business working teams; develop strong working relationships which enable the early identification of issues and collaborative solutions
- Stakeholder Management during all stages of project lifecycle
- Creation of Business Case, Vision, and Scope documents for Finance projects
- Manage project/workstream budgets with reporting updates to project governance committees
- Recommend process improvement (wherever appropriate) to prevent redundant work flows and identify and recommend changes/efficiencies to assigned projects
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, in accordance with Finance priorities
- Determine the order of and manage dependencies across project streams; prepare and utilize risk assessments and mitigation plans
- Prepare management/milestone summaries and status reports
- Partner with the appropriate areas and outside vendors to ensure that the individual components of the project plan fit into a cohesive whole
- Provide recommendations by reviewing issue logs, action plans, scheduling, and resourcing
- Participate in and where appropriate, lead status meetings
- Compliance with and responsiveness to Audit requirements.
- Please enter the minimum criteria, skills, education, licenses etc. required to do this job
- At least 5 years' experience as an Project Manager essential, with proven capabilities in managing Finance projects in a global environment.
- BS/BA degree in a relevant Business area; Masters degree a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to form alliances, collaborate with internal clients, and fulfill business needs.
- Working knowledge of, or ideally certification in, one or more project management methodologies or practices (e.g., PMP).
- Ability to understand Stakeholder requirements, their strategies, goals, processes and problems and document them in an organized and formal manner, prioritizing feedback, new requirements and service change requests
- Excellent project management skills, including application of project management techniques
- Ability to prioritize and execute a number of tasks simultaneously, and experience managing cross-functional teams
- Ability to maintain a view of the bigger picture (e.g. cross project dependencies/impacts) while dealing with day to day task level activities
- Capability to develop and present succinct status summaries and reports for various stakeholders
- Ability to appropriately manage stakeholder expectations
- Demonstrated mastery of ability to be flexible and adaptable as the project evolves
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Proven track record of delivering on commitments and driving towards positive outcomes
- Expertise with Microsoft Project or similar project management software tools required; experience with Word, Excel, and Visio also required
- Extensive experience developing business cases/budgets, project scope / charters, requirements documentation, test plans, status reports, and delivery / transition plans preferred.
- Experience with the following systems/platforms (EBS/ERP modules, BI/OBIEE, Oracle and/or other Cloud-based environments) is a plus
skills: Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.