Our Non-Profit client is hiring an Accounts Payable Specialist. The Accounts Payable Specialist supports the Director of Finance and Staff Accountant. The primary responsibilities will be processing, verifying, and reconciling outgoing invoices and checks.
location: Alexandria, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 45,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Reviews all invoices for supporting documentation, coding and approval prior to payment
- Enters invoices for payment, prepares batches for review and posts to the accounting system
- Resolves invoice and payment discrepancies; corresponds with vendors and responds timely to inquiries
- Prepares credit memos for canceled transactions/voided checks.
- Maintains W-9 files for all vendors
- Processes travel reimbursements and advancements
- Monitors accounts to ensure payments are up-to-date
- Prepares checks for payment; Matches invoices to checks, obtains signatures for checks and distributes/mails checks
- Assists with month-end closing
- Manages the annual preparation of 1099's which are issued to independent contractors/consultants.
- Assist with annual audit
- Administrative duties and other projects as assigned
- 1-2 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- The ability to work independently and with a team in a high volume environment;
- High attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills, and a willingness to handle new responsibilities as they arise.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel is required
Please Apply Here!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.