job summary: Staff Accountant Needed
Global company in Fairfield County is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will be looking for a long term home and have 1-2 years of prior Accounting experience. Recent Accounting graduates are encouraged to apply!
location: Westport, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
In this role, the Staff Accountant will become an integral part of the month end close procedure and day to day General Ledger Accounting work. These task will including but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain an accurate General Ledger
- Liaison between other Finance groups including AP, AR and Treasury.
- Become involved with journal entries, reconciliations, accruing expenses, fixed assets and global intercompany transactions
- Be able to pick up and assist with global consolidations and financial reporting
- Financial statement review
- Assist with ad-hoc research
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MS/MBA preferred
- 1-2 years of solid Accounting experience OR Accounting internships
- Understanding of GAAP in either a corporate or educational setting
- Strong Excel is required
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Financial Statements, Accruals, Consolidations, Fixed Assets, GAAP, Expense Reports, AR, General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.